If you are experiencing divorce during this time of year, dealing with the holidays can be quite a challenge. But with the end of your marriage in site upon the new year, this is the perfect opportunity to make some powerful resolutions that will put you on the path to happiness and prosperity.
The following are helpful suggestions for New Year’s resolutions for divorcing individuals:
- Finalize the divorce agreement by this year. If you are still mulling over the idea of reconciling with your spouse or ending the marriage as soon as possible, it is time to determine the best course of action. If you spouse wishes to proceed with the divorce, try to reach an agreement with the help of a skilled divorce lawyer.
- Update your wills, trusts, insurance policies, and estate plans. If you soon-to-be-ex spouse is in any one of these documents, then it is time to remove his or her name from them.
- Seek advice from a financial expert. Before you finalize your divorce, discuss your financial options with an expert who specializes in divorce issues.
- Learn to be cooperative co-parents. While the relationship between you and your spouse will end, the relationship both of you have with your children will still remain. For the best interests of the children, both parties need to be civil and work together to help raise their kids.
- Get physically active to fight off stress and depression. Exercise triggers your brain to release endorphins and serotonin, naturally causing you to feel happy. Plus, being in great shape when you finally become single can help boost your self-esteem.