Rights Of Unmarried Parents

We will fight to ensure that you walk away with the best possible outcome and can move forward to the new phase of your life. 

Unmarried Parents Have Child Custody And Support Rights

When it comes to parental rights, the law does distinguish between married parents and unmarried parents. Regardless of your marital status, however, you have rights regarding child custody and child support. One difference is that unmarried parents have to establish their rights through paternity actions.

At Anne E. Raduns, P.A., we can help unmarried fathers and unmarried mothers to establish and protect their parental rights. Of course, with rights come responsibilities. We take great care in explaining these responsibilities before moving forward with any actions.

To schedule a consultation with a skilled and dedicated family law attorney, call us at (352) 310-8235. We represent clients in Ocala and throughout Central Florida.

Child Custody For Unmarried Parents

Unmarried fathers have the right to be involved with their children, though these rights are not automatic. First, paternity must be established. After that step is taken, we can work with you to establish a child custody plan that makes sense for your situation. Even if an informal agreement has already been worked out between mother and father, it can be important to formalize it to guarantee access to the child. Otherwise, the father’s access to the children is entirely at the discretion of the mother, and he has no recourse in the event that she decides to deny visitation or custody.

Child Support For Unmarried Parents

Regardless of the parents’ marital status, children come first. A child is entitled to financial support from both parties. Of course, before child support arrangements can be made, paternity must be established, since the father cannot be held legally responsible for support payments until the biological relationship has been proven. When child support is being calculated, it is based on a variety of factors. Primarily, it is based on the incomes of the parents, as well as the child custody arrangements that have been set up.

Learn More About Fathers’ Rights And Mothers’ Rights

Whether you are an unmarried father or an unmarried mother, you can turn to our law firm and expect fair, unbiased representation from an experienced family law attorney who cares about your case. To set up a consultation, call (352) 310-8235. We advise and represent parents in Ocala and the surrounding areas.

Unparalleled Service

What You Can Expect from Attorney Raduns
  • One-On-One Attention
  • Recommended by Clients and Colleagues
  • Exclusively Focused on Family Law
  • Compassionate & Aggressive Representation
  • Nearly 20 Years of Experience


Hear What Our Clients Have Said 
    Ms. Raduns’ staff is extremely professional and diligent in their duties.

    “She has distinguished herself far beyond any expectation that I may have had prior to this case. Her knowledge, diligence, fair-mindedness, and compassion helped make this most difficult journey palatable.”

    - Leslie R.
    Anne Raduns firm truly helped make a very stressful time, much more tolerable.

    “Ms. Raduns and her staff are warm and welcoming and more importantly, honest and real in giving guidance, representation, and sharing what can be expected as well as options.”

    - Retta B.
    Mrs. Raduns office took right over and handled things very well.

    “Don't waste your time surfing around when the best is right here. Trust me on this one, you won't be disappointed!”

    - Tony
    They show a dedication to the case, love to their clients, and show a beautiful passion for justice.

    “Anne E. Raduns The most remarkable, intelligent, and passionate PERSON anyone could ever ask to stand with you in a time of need.”

    - Matthew
    They have represented me twice in family law and I would hire them again.

    “Jodi and Anne are on point, very responsive, professional, and know what they’re doing.”

    - Nicole S.

It Starts Here

Reach Out Today To Schedule A Consultation
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

*Disclaimer: The use of the internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.